College Tuition Assistance for Pontiac area High School Graduates who wish to attend a Michigan College or Trade School.
Welcome to The Pontiac Promise Zone
The Pontiac Promise Zone is a program that enables students living within the Pontiac School District to obtain financial assistance to attend any college, university or trade school in Michigan and to earn a two year, four year degree or certification.
Your FutureMaking dreams come true for the youth of the Pontiac School District who may not have resources for a college education. The Pontiac Promise Zone can make your dreams come true for a two or four year degree, certification or skilled trade schools of your choosing.
Board of Directors
The 11-member Board oversees implementation of the Michigan Promise Zone Act. Its goal is to provide financial assistance to eligible students to earn their associate degrees. Through the Promise Zone Act, funding for the program is provided by the State of Michigan through tax revenues. In addition, the program is supported by partnerships and donations from foundations and others. To support the startup of the Promise Zone, the Board has already raised more than $750,000.
- Chair - Teresa A. Rodges, MSA
Executive Director, School of Nursing and Continuing Education, Oakland University
- Vice Chair - Lon Bone - Retired, Genisys Credit Union
- Treasurer - Henry V. Knight - Auburn Hills City Council
- Secretary - H. William Maxey - Pontiac Community Activist
- Nellie B. LaGarde - NBL Associates
- Keyon Payton - Pastor, New Bethel Baptist Church in Pontiac
- Chris Northcross - Retired, Pontiac Planning Commission, Pontiac Community Activist
- Tim Meyer, PhD - Former Chancellor, Oakland Community College
- Michael J. Gingell - Chairman, Board of Commissioners of Oakland County
You can review our Pontiac Promise Zone brochure for additional insight & informationClick Here